Managing Conflict – new workshop date
Understand your own and others’ emotional responses. Explore conflict triggers. Develop new approaches and skills. Improve your relationships and collaborate better.
We all experience conflict. In fact, conflict is crucial for making great decisions, building trust and moving teams forward. We can all choose how we respond in conflict situations – taking either a constructive or destructive approach. However, we are often not aware that we’re doing this – we become stuck in proving that we’re right, in not upsetting or angering the other person, in making assumptions about what other people want or need from us.
This workshop explores the psychology of conflict and emotion. It increases self-awareness of our own responses in conflict situations and supports the development of new skills, behaviours and confidence so we can collaborate effectively and engage fully in the workplace (and at home!).
This workshop is for you if…
You want to feel more confident and effective in conflict situations. You want to build a climate where people can be open and honest about their views and feelings in a positive and constructive way. You feel nervous about or avoid certain conversations you need to have because of the reaction you might get.
What we will cover:
• What is conflict in organisations? Why do we find conflict so challenging?
• What is Conflict Competence and the Conflict Dynamics model?
• Emotional intelligence: understanding our own and others’ emotional responses
• Emotional agility: consciously adapting our approach to influence how others’ feel
• Building our conflict behaviours toolkit
• Resilience and wellbeing: how looking after ourselves helps us to work better with others
• Conflict Dynamics Profile: exploring our own profiles to understand our approach to conflict situations and the “hot buttons” that trigger emotional responses in us.
• Setting Commitments: using the profile and learning from the day to develop actions and commitments for change
• Pre-workshop call with the facilitator to understand your goals and context
• Completion of the Conflict Dynamics Profile
• One-day workshop
• Follow-up call with facilitator
Date: 5th February 2020
Venue: Novotel Cardiff Central
email@example.com or 01633 415361 for more information